So for those of you that know me, you’ll know how much I love this is oil!! Avocado oil is life. Avocado oil is bae. It has been nothing but great to my hair especially during this dry winter season.
Avocado oil is one of the better oils to use on natural hair as it contains a high amount of monosaturated fatty acids which is higher than other oils such as coconut oil and grapeseed oil.
- moisture: because avocado oil is a monosaturated oil it is able to penetrate into the hair strand or the cortex of the hair strand which few oils can do. It also has the ability to enhance your current moisturizer which is why I add some to my shea butter (I really need to write about the greatness of shea butter + avocado oil because it really does great tings to your hair.)
- Unlike coconut oil, avocado oil is low in the clogging department which means you can also use it with an essential oil (I use Cotton Curls Avocado Oil which is infused with Spearmint Oil).
- Its good for moisturizing the scalp (its winter bih): the nice thing about this oil is that it doesn’t leave your hair greasy as it is able to easily penetrate the skin which makes it great for those of you with a dry scalp.
- Add some avocado oil to your conditioner queens!! Avocado oil in your conditioner gives it a natural slip which makes it easier to manage your hair on wash day and also increases elasticity.
- Can be used as a pre poo treatment.
- Because avocado oil gives a natural slip its great for finger detangling.
- Use avocado oil before undoing your twists or braids as it eases the process and minimizes breakage (don’t sleep on this).
- AVOCADO OIL FOR THE EDGES: avocado oil is awesome if you want to massage your edges, its also great for growing out strong edges.
Your natural hair tea has been served.